Saturday 7th October 2017
We are delighted to announce TEDxExeter’s first Salon to explore cutting edge technology. Leading researchers from Google and Amazon will be sharing the latest developments in artificial intelligence at the first TEDxExeterSalon.
Tickets are on sale for the hotly anticipated event in October, which will explore how technology meets the real world. The Salon follows the sell-out TEDxExeter ideas festival in April. It will bring together speakers from academia, the arts and innovative companies to discuss how technology is transforming our lives in ways that are exhilarating yet often controversial. They will be sharing insights into how machines are teaching themselves to understand their environment, and how tech can reveal the collective consciousness – or hive mind – of large groups of people.
Speakers will include:
- Raia Hadsell, research lead on robot navigation and lifelong learning at Google DeepMind;
- Alasdair Allan, scientist, author, hacker, and journalist;
- Simon Johnson, who uses games, play and agency to help people understand complex subjects;
- Neil Lawrence, who leads Amazon Research Cambridge, where he is a director of machine learning;
- Sabine Hauert, who is a professor in robotics who’s research focuses on engineering swarms across scales, from trillions of nanoparticles for cancer treatment to thousands of robots;
- John Robb, who is an acclaimed music journalist and singer.
Buy your tickets by clicking on the relevant button below
Tickets are on sale now.
TEDxExeter 2017: HOPE
Our 2017 conference took place on 21 April at Exeter Northcott Theatre and the Alumni Auditorium. Over 900 people gathered to hear our inspirational speakers share their ideas and HOPE for making the world a better place. You can see our talks here:
Most watched TEDxExeter talks
TEDxExeter talks have been 10 million times. Out of 400 TEDx talks picked since TED started, 8 of them are from Exeter. Here are our talks on TED.com to date.
Recent news and blog posts All news »
Posts from our Comms team and Storyteller providing information about upcoming events, news from past speakers and performers, reflections on the TEDxExeter themes, videos, photos, biographies, and stories about how TEDxExeter has made an impact. And there is lots more from our Social Media guru on the @TEDxExeter Twitter feed.
Previous TEDxExeter events All events »
The first TEDxExeter event was in 2012. Click on a photo to view the programme and talks from each event since then.