We are very excited to announce our programme for TEDxExeter 2014 – Ideas Without Frontiers!
At TEDxExeter 2014 on 28 March, our speakers and performers will connect us with other worlds. Our talks will expose corruption in big business, share effective approaches to tackling social inequality and give a voice to those whose human rights are under threat. We will explore the impact of fast changing technologies on all our lives. We’ll journey through fire and forest to frozen landscapes and we’ll be challenged to consider worlds of extremes, cutting edge controversies and risky opportunities.
To help us, we have gathered another group of outstanding innovators, activists and performers who are changing the world through their ground breaking work and ideas.
It’s a day not to be missed. As with our previous two conferences there will be music, an excellent locally sourced lunch and wonderful opportunities in the breaks to meet your fellow TEDxers and continue the conversation.
Our confirmed speakers include:
- Ann Daniels – record breaking polar explorer
- Patrick Alley – co-founder of Global Witness
- Allyson Pollock – Professor of Public Health
- Ben Eaton – digital and interactive artist, mapping happiness
- Claire Belcher – wildfire researcher
- Joel Gibbard – robotics designer
- Matt Hayler – digital technologies and cyberculture researcher
- Sarah El Ashmawy – minority rights advocate
- Simon Peyton Jones – programming language designer and ICT education consultant
- Sonia Livingstone – Professor of Media and Communications. expert on the impact of new technologies on children
- Vinay Nair – poverty reduction innovator
- Karima Bennoune – Professor of Law, champion of untold stories from the fight against Muslim fundamentalism
We’ll be announcing more speakers, performers and details about the day on our website, Facebook and Twitter.
Tickets will be available from 4 December 2013 from the Exeter Northcott Theatre’s box office. They will cost £50, and a limited number of £20 concessionary tickets will be available. The ticket price includes a sustainably-sourced lunch.
Please be aware that our TEDxExeter events 2012 and 2013 sold out 3 months in advance and we expect that tickets for TEDxExeter 2014 will sell out very quickly. Please contact organiser Claire Kennedy on email@example.com if you would like to know more.
We are looking forward to seeing you in March!
The TEDxExeter team